Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Swan Maiden By: Heather Tomlinson


This book is one that I would reccomend for any female. It is (yet another) fairytale retelling (I read a lot of those. They are too good to pass up!) It is the story of Doucette, the youngest doughter of a french count who has always wished to be a Swan Maiden like her older sisters, but she was supposedly born without a swan skin like they were. When she discovers her skin, she decides that her life has been a lie for far too long, and goes to train in the study of magic with her Aunt. Along the way she falls in love with a shepherd, and is forbidden marriage with him. I will NOT give away the ending, but it is fairly obvious, no? Innocent romance, well written, great plot, familiarity, what's not to like?

4 comments:

  1. Hope this helps Aunt Heather. I think Willa will like it. Try getting the twins to read it too please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Azya. We're going to the library today and I'll see if it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude...am I supposed to call you Anya? Sorry if I'm exposing you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, that would be helpful, but so far, only family reads this (well, as far as I know anyways...)

    ReplyDelete