Monday, March 23, 2009

Girlwood By Claire Dean


Girlwood is something that I got at the library to fill up my bag of books and POSSIBLY read if i had time to do so before it was due. Knowing me, I finished all my must read right now books, and started moving on to other books. This one was AMAZING and has gone from my: 'Meh, I'll read it if I need to' list, to my 'OMYGOSH this book was AWESOME' list in less than 24 hours. Girlwood is about a girl named Polly who loves the forrest by her house, and loves her grandmother. The forrest is being threatened by a HUGE building company, and her crack head sister Bree runs away to live in the forrest just as the Building project gets under way. She now has to save not only her sister, but the forrest and her Grandma. Honestly, I thought I would hate it but being me, I HAD to give it a chance, and I loved it. P.S. it made me cry. That NEVER happens

1 comment:

  1. Anya,
    I'm glad you gave it a chance! I happened across your blog while doing some Girlwood marketing work on the web. Thank you for the kind words!
    Claire Dean

    ReplyDelete