Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Blog REJECTED Names for obvious (I hope) reasons

Well, lucky you! I have now started up a blog! Now, all you poor souls that know me can in all likelyhood be irritated by me anywhere with internet access! All part of my grand scheme and all that jazz dontcha know.

Well anyhoo, I had the easiest time figuring out a blog name. (Note: easiest is pronounced exactly like the words nearly impossible.) HOWEVER, I digress. Here is the list of Rejected names for this blog:

  • Bouncybooks. I am a VERY enegetic person...usually. This WOULD bave been THE ONE if my mom had not pointed out to me that it sounds like rubber books for toddlers. erm, NEXT!
  • VLGR Books. This was NOT my idea. it was said Mothers'. Her reasoning was: Virtuous, Lovely, of Good Report, or Virgin Lips Girl. All I could see was the word vulgar. scratch that one off the list.
  • Anyas Book Nook. Yes, I actually said it in my desperation. Moving on.
  • Stupendus or Stupid. Not sure WHY I didn't go with this...oh well.

And that was my oh-so-exhaustive list of reject names. Do you have a headache yet? Good. Finally, I dragged out a thesourus, and looked up book (can you say desperate?) i found Scroll listed in there. So, there you have it folks. It had to do with something used only CENTURIES ago. I was sold.

2 comments:

  1. Scary how something good, or harmless, can turn into another VULGAR thing so easily. Vigilance. Vigilance forever. You are SOOO much smarter than your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see that you have a blog! I'll look forward to reading your book reviews!

    ReplyDelete